Raipur munaadi: politics over paddy procurement in chhattisgarh is continue. The opposition is constantly accusing each other. however, the state Government has set a new record on paddy procurement. In the ongoing procurement season this year, 84 lakh 44 thousand metric tons of paddy has been procured till January 21, which is 50 thousand metric tons more than the quantity of paddy procured last year.
It is noteworthy that nearly 83.94 lakh metric tons of paddy was procured in the season of last year. Under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the quantity of paddy procurement as well as the number of farmers and agriculture yield has consistently increased in last two years. As a result of State Government’s pro-farmer policy, Chhattisgarh is emerging as a model state for the country in the agriculture sector.
Chhattisgarh Government’s Rajiv Gandhi Kisaan Nyay Yojana has boosted the crop production in the state. In the current fiscal year, State Government has distributed the incentive amount of Rs 5750 crore to 19 lakh farmers of the state under Rajiv Gandhi Kisaan Nyay Yojana.
Till date, 19 lakh 54 thousand 332 farmers have sold paddy at support price till date. DO of 27 lakh 70 thousand 693 metric tons of paddy has been issued to the millers for custom milling, against which nearly 25 lakh 45 thousand 512 metric tons of paddy has been transported already.
It is noteworthy that in the year 2017-18, 56.88 lakh metric tonnes of paddy was procured in the state, whereas in the year 2018-19, 80.83 lakh metric tonnes of paddy was purchased and in the year 2019-20, 83.94 lakh metric tonnes of paddy. Likewise, the number of registered farmers has also increased with each passing year.
In the year 2017-18, 15.77 lakh farmers had registered to sell paddy, whereas in the year 2018-19, the number of registered farmers increased to 16.96 lakh, and it further increased to 19.55 lakh in the year 2019-20. This year, there has been a record increase in the number of farmers registered to sell paddy at the support price, i.e. 21.52 lakh.
In the Kharif year 2020-21 till January 21, 2021
- 1 lakh 20 thousand 471 metric tonnes of paddy has been procured in Bastar
- 55 thousand 401 MT of paddy has been procured in Bijapur
- 13 thousand 401 MT in Dantewada district, 2 lakh 65 thousand 350 MT in Kanker
- 1 lakh 25 thousand 945 MT in Kondagaon
- 17 thousand 252 MT in Narayanpur
- 33 thousand 711 metric tons in Sukma
- 4 lakh 30 thousand 664 metric tons in Bilaspur
- Gaurela-Pandra-Marwahi 64 thousand 991 metric tons
- 7 lakh 71 thousand 608 metric tons in Janjgir-Champa
- 1 lakh in Korba
- 15 thousand 821 MT, 3 lakh 44 thousand 629 MT have been purchased in Mungeli
- 4 lakh 98 thousand 428 MT of paddy has been procured so far in Raigarh
- 4 lakh 96 thousand 276 MT of paddy has been procured in Balod
- 5 lakh 70 thousand 736 MT in Bemetra
- 3 lakh 81 thousand 633 MT in Durg
- 3 Lakh 86 thousand 87 MT in Kawardha
- 7 lakh 3 thousand 423 MT in Rajnandgaon
- 6 lakh 4 thousand 191 MT in Balodabazar
- 4 lakh 7 thousand 864 MT in Dhamtari
- 2 lakh 94 thousand 996 MT in Gariaband
- 6 lakh 38 thousand 190 MT in Mahasamund
- 4 lakh 68 thousand 276 MT in Raipur district
- one lakh 34 thousand 643 MT in Balrampur
- one lakh 273 MT in Jashpur
- one lakh 3 thousand in Korea
- one lakh 35 thousand 683 MT of Sarguja
- one lakh 59 thousand 690 MT of paddy have been purchased in Surajpur